- A three-digit number that identifies one of the telephone service regions into which the US, Canada, and certain other countries are divided and that is dialed when calling from one area to another
- A telephone numbering plan is a type of numbering scheme used in telecommunications to allocate telephone numbers to subscribers and to route telephone calls in a telephone network. A closed numbering plan, such as found in North America, imposes a fixed total length to numbers.
- The Chinese Telephone Code Plan is the way to group telephone numbers in the mainland of the People’s Republic of China. Land lines and mobile phones follow different systems: land lines use area codes, while mobile phones do not.
- a number usually of 3 digits assigned to a telephone area as in the United States and Canada
- A state in the southeastern US, on the Gulf of Mexico; pop. 4,447,100; capital, Montgomery; statehood, Dec. 14, 1819 (22). Visited by Spanish explorers in the mid 16th century and later settled by the French, it passed to Britain in 1763 and to the US in 1783
- a state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- a river in Alabama formed by the confluence of the Coosa and Tallapoosa Rivers near Montgomery; flows southwestward to become a tributary of the Mobile River
- a member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in what is now the state of Alabama; “the Alabamas were members of the Creek Confederacy”
- A two-dimensional representation of the positions of stars or other astronomical objects
- a diagrammatic representation of the earth’s surface (or part of it)
- A diagram or collection of data showing the spatial arrangement or distribution of something over an area
- make a map of; show or establish the features of details of; “map the surface of Venus”
- function: (mathematics) a mathematical relation such that each element of a given set (the domain of the function) is associated with an element of another set (the range of the function)
- A diagrammatic representation of an area of land or sea showing physical features, cities, roads, etc
alabama area code map – MyTopo Terrain
MyTopo Terrain Navigator Alabama Map CD-ROM (Windows)
Terrain Navigator (TN) ($99.00 per state) mapping software combines powerful tools and topographic mapping data in an easy-to-use program. Among the most popular features: Easily catalogued collection of USGS/US Forest Service Topographic Maps. 1:24/25,000 (7.5 minute series), 1:100,000 and 1:250,000 scale. Alaska is (1:63,360 and 1:250,000). Search Capability: Quickly find the place you need by searching Geographic Place Names, Lat/Long or UTM Coordinates. View and print Maps in 2D or 3D. Seamless or With Map Borders: View and print map border information, or use the seamless mode to turn multiple maps into one. Create elevation profile for planning or reviewing hikes. Measurements: Measure distances, areas, and elevation profiles instantly. Drawing and Labels: Add marks, lines and routes on top of maps. Print Map on standard desktop printers (up to 11” x 17”). GPS Tools: Transfer data between your computer and virtually all GPS receivers. Connect a GPS to your PC to turn it into a moving map display. Work in virtually any coordinate system: NAD27, NAD83, WGS84; MGRS, UTM and Latitude/Longitude
Alabama Power still fields a healthy number of green poles with wooden cross arms…………leading me to believe that they had used wooden cross arms AFTER Georgia Power had ceased!
Alabama State Capitol
Alabama State Capitol